- Have public liability insurance in place (£5m minimum) and provide a copy of their public liability insurance and completed risk assessment of planned activity
- Complete a booking form for every event booking. The completed booking form is essential in order to confirm the booking
- Provide appropriate numbers of marshals. The site marshalling requirements are:
All course marshals must wear high visibility jackets
A minimum of 3 marshals for the large loop circuit
A minimum of 3 marshals for the small loop circuit
A minimum of 4 marshals for the whole circuit
- Notify the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) of all RIDDOR reportable accidents. A copy of all accident reports must be provided to Betteshanger Park
- Provide an appropriately trained first aider for the duration of the track hire and ensure safety at all times
- Ensure that session / competition users cycle the correct way around the track until the allotted hire time begins and appropriate marshalling is in place
- Ensure appropriate car parking marshals are in place for larger events 80+ participants. The number of marshals that will be provided must be agreed in writing with Betteshanger Park
- Ensure the appropriate behaviour of the group at all times, ensuring language and behaviour is appropriate to a public venue
- Ensure all litter is disposed of correctly and that the area is left as found
- Only one vehicle will be allowed access to the top of the track per booking. This vehicle will be escorted to the top of the track by Park staff. Once the vehicle is in location the vehicle will remain stationary until the booking is finished.
- If you require extra vehicles for dropping off equipment to the track, this will be arranged a minimum of 30 days prior to the booking date and only in exceptional circumstances.
- Use a Betteshanger radio to ensure that effective communication can take place with the Betteshanger team and the event organiser. Whilst radio hire is free of charge, a deposit will be taken for the radio (car keys / driving licence / £50 cash deposit). Loss of a radio will incur a standard £150 replacement fee.
- Track hire will not start before the agreed time and must finish on time
Should a club / group booking overrun past the opening times of the Park the following charges will apply:
£50 for the first 30 minutes
£100 for every half hour thereafter
- The hirer / organiser is responsible for ensuring that all members of their group have left the site
- Event / race registration must either be completed at the track side building or in front of the Café. The Café cannot be used for registration purposes, unless agreed in writing by Betteshanger Park
- Where the hire involves areas of the Park which are ‘off track’, the course must be agreed in writing with Betteshanger Park at least 30 days prior to the event.
- Betteshanger Park reserves the right to cancel any event at any time
- In the event that Betteshanger Park need to cancel your booking due to unforeseen circumstances, an alternate date or full refund will be offered
- The following charges will apply should you cancel your booking once the booking has been confirmed:
21 days or more prior to the confirmed booking date – no charge
8 to 20 days prior to the confirmed booking – 50% of the total booking price
1 to 7 days prior to the confirmed booking – 100% of the total booking price
- Should you wish to amend the booking and or date after the booking has been confirmed we will, where possible, endeavour to provide and accommodate your requirements and alternate dates. Please note however this may not always be available.
- Should it be necessary to cancel due to the weather the booking will be moved to another date at the discretion of Betteshanger Park.
Betteshanger Park will:
- Ensure that a designated member of the Betteshanger team is available to provide reasonable support for the booking as appropriate
- Display ‘Area Closed’ signs up to one hour prior to the event or hire period
- Ensure the track is clear of rubbish and debris
- Notify the public of track closure via signage around the park and via the Betteshanger website (dedicated ‘track closure’ page and on the home page on the day of the event).
- Should the organiser wish, we can also publicise the event (not just the track closure) on the events section of the Betteshanger website and via the Betteshanger Facebook page. This will help raise the profile of the event and drive sales (if relevant). Full event information, booking mechanism and an image will be required from the event organiser.
Betteshanger Park is located on the site of an old coal spoil heap. Be aware that you may find old metal, holes and uneven land so please take time to read the Park Rules and ensure safety and enjoyment for everyone.
- Ensure your own safety; don’t take unnecessary risks and stay within your personal limits
- Do not walk on the tarmac track and cross only at designated crossing points
- Watch out for other Park users, running, cycling and walking on tracks and paths
- Ensure children not participating in the activity are supervised at all times
- Wear appropriate clothing and footwear – open toed sandals and high heels are not advised
- Beware of deep water in the lakes, swimming, paddling or boating is NOT permitted
- Dispose of lit cigarettes carefully
- Do not start fires or light barbeques in any areas of the Park
- Keep dogs on leads at all times and ensure your dog is cleaned up after at all times