Elvington and Eythorne Heritage Centre
The Heritage Centre is located in an upstairs room of Elvington Community Centre and opens on Tuesdays between 10am and 2pm. The centre concentrates on Tilmanstone Colliery and the villages that surrounded it; Elvington, Eythorne and Waldershire.
- A section of battery charging rack, a helmet, overalls and pair of boots worn at Tilmanstone, a magneto mining phone, safety headlamps, a piece of Tilmanstone coal, pit head bath towel and soap, badminton team badges and a selection of colliery plans and ephemera
- Some original Eythorne Parish Council Records and original photographs
- Kent specific 1980s strike posters and badges and a collection of St John’s mines rescue/first aid material
- Hammil Brickworks and Guildford Colliery
- A collection of wider local history reference material.
Like Aylesham, it is wholly run by volunteers and is a thriving centre for the ex-mining community.
Elvington & Eythorne Heritage Centre
St John’s Road