We don’t want to constrain your fun by applying too many rules but your safety is our utmost priority. By considering others, we can make every visit a safe and enjoyable one. Betteshanger is an old coal spoil heap, so please be aware that you may find old metal, holes and uneven land. Please take time to read the Park Rules and ensure safety and enjoyment for everyone.
- Dogs are welcome but must be kept under control and on a lead at all times
- Please clean up after your dog and prevent your dog from approaching wildlife and other Park users.
- Refrain from walking on the tarmac track. Cross at designated Crossing Points
- Watch out for other park users, running, cycling and walking on tracks and paths
- Wear appropriate clothing and footwear
- Ensure children are supervised at all times
- Beware of deep water, no swimming, paddling or boating and keep off the ice in winter
- Dispose of lit cigarettes carefully
- Do not start fires or light barbeques in any areas of the Park
- Book and pay before using the Obstacle Course
- Please use the bins provided or take your litter home
- Cyclists must wear a helmet at all times
- Cyclist should only use tracks appropriate to their ability. Blue mountain bike trails are easy/moderate and red trails are challenging/difficult
- Cycle in a clockwise direction on the tarmac track and stay to the left of the blue speed training line
- Be aware of others and adjust your speed accordingly
In emergency …
Emergency number: 07748 085773
An emergency phone is located at the Visitor Centre.