Thank you for choosing to book your activities at Betteshanger Park. Please complete our ‘Group Booking Form’ and ensure that you are aware of our terms and conditions below.
Information for group organisers
- All activities are led by Betteshanger trained and qualified instructors or external certified contractors
- Should you require an activity to be self-led, the group organiser is responsible for ensuring that the adult(s) leading the activity is appropriately experienced and competent
- Should the group organiser not be part of the responsible adults on the day a lead adult for the group is to be identified. The group organiser / lead adult will be required to remain on site throughout the duration of the booking, additional adult supervision may also be required for your activity. A minimum of 1 adult to 8 children is required for those under 11, and a minimum of 1 adult to 15 children aged 11-18
- All activities last 1 hour (unless otherwise stated), should you wish to book more than one activity please let us know
- A lockable space will be provided to store bags / additional clothing while the chosen activity is being completed. Items are left at owner’s risk
- Information will be provided on suitable clothing to be worn or brought for each activity
- Please arrive a minimum of 15 minutes prior to the start of your activity. A member of the Betteshanger team will meet you outside of Cycle Hire on arrival. At this point details of your booking will be reconfirmed and your session will begin. Please note that variations made to a booking on the day may not be able to be accommodated
- Whilst we will always try to accommodate your booking, please note that we may not be able to accept bookings for some activities with less than 14 days notice.
- 17+ seater mini buses and coaches can park for free. Please ensure the registration details are given to staff at Cycle Hire to avoid a parking fine
- Please note that parents / carers can park for free in the main car park for up to 20 minutes when dropping off or collecting. Should they stay longer than 20 minutes when dropping off or collecting they will need to pay £3 on each occasion.
- We ask that all Betteshanger staff are treated with respect along, with all other Park users during your visit
- All responsible adults as part of your group must wear name badges to include the name of their organisation
- A briefing will be given prior to the start of any activity. Non-safety compliance, bad language or antisocial behaviour by any participant or observer will not be tolerated. Should a participant or observer’s behaviour continue to be unacceptable, we reserve the right to remove them from the activity and also the Park. No refund will be provided
Party numbers and ages
Please ensure that you:
- Are aware of the minimum age required for some of the activities
- Are aware of the maximum numbers for some of the activities that can be completed. Should your number exceed our maximum group size then they will be divided into 2 groups by the instructor leading the activity
- Are aware of the participant’s ability when it comes to activities such as cycling as we do not stock bicycles with stabilizers. Led cycle sessions will take place on the Blue or Red Route depending on the ability of the group
- The activities are allocated to set time slots, late arrivals may not be accommodated depending on the booked activity. Please note that time spent completing the activity may be reduced due to a late arrival.
|Activity||Minimum age||Maximum group size|
*Please note if your party size is larger than the specified group sizes, we can still accommodate you. We will break your group into smaller groups and run the activities as a carousel.
Payment & Confirmation
- Betteshanger Group Booking prices are based on a minimum of 10 participants. Additional participants will be charged on an individual rate per person.
- All prices quoted are exclusive of VAT which will be applied to the invoice
- A 50% deposit of the booking is required in order to secure the date and activity. Payment can be made by cash, bank transfer (Nat West A/c: 34601767, s/c: 52-30-23), credit or debit card
- In the event that you are making a booking on behalf of a school or college a purchase order number is required to confirm your booking
- Once payment or a purchase order number has been received your booking will be confirmed by email. Please note that until payment has been received and a confirmation email sent your booking remains a provisional booking
- The group organiser will need to notify us of any errors on the booking form within 24 hours
- The remaining balance and final numbers are required no later than 14 days prior to the party taking place. Please note that the minimum number of participants for each activity is 10, where your group numbers fall below this number this will be the minimal cost payable
- Should your group numbers increase on the day and a minimum of 14 days’ notice has not been provided please note that we may not be able to accommodate the additional numbers on the day.
- In the event that Betteshanger Park need to cancel your booking due to unforeseen circumstances an alternate date or full refund will be offered
- The following charges will apply should you cancel or amend your booking date once the booking has been confirmed:
- 21 days or more prior to the confirmed booking date – no charge
- 8 to 20 days prior to the confirmed booking – 50% of the total booking price
- 1 to 7 days prior to the confirmed booking – 100% of the total booking price
- Should you wish to amend the booking date after the booking has been confirmed we will, where possible, endeavour to provide and accommodate alternate dates. Please note however that the activity of choice may not always be available.
About the Park
Betteshanger Park is on the site of an old coal spoil heap, be aware that you may find old metal, holes and uneven land so please take time to read the Park Rules and ensure safety and enjoyment for everyone.
- Ensure your own safety; don’t take unnecessary risks and stay within your personal limits
- Do not walk on the tarmac track and cross only at designated crossing points (X on map)
- Watch out for other Park users, running, cycling and walking on tracks and paths
- Ensure children not participating in the activity are supervised at all times
- Wear appropriate clothing and footwear – open toed sandals and high heels are not advised
- Beware of the deep water in the lakes, no swimming, paddling or boating is permitted
- Dispose of lit cigarettes carefully. Do not start fires or light barbeques in any areas of the Park
- Keep dogs on leads at all times and ensure your dog is cleaned up after at all times.